Donor Care Team - Donor Care (DC) Support Team Member
BE a part of something BIG and here’s why…
THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
BE a part of a collective of people united by a singular focus where no Canadian fears cancer. BE bold by committing your time to driving positive change alongside families, friends, healthcare teams, donors, scientists, advocates and all those who strive to make the cancer journey one that is supported in every way.
We believe that life is bigger than cancer. We believe your support is stronger than cancer. If you do too, read more…
Donor Care (DC) Support Team member
WHY WE NEED YOU
At CCS we are committed to improving the cancer experience by helping people with cancer live their lives more fully. The Donor Care portfolio is the front-line team that supports all inbound, phone, email and live chat inquiries. The DC Support Team members reinforce our work as a donor-centric organizational ambassador and provide positive experiences to donors and participants.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a DC Support Team member, you will be responsible for helping CCS demonstrate how much we value our supporters through:
- Delivering exceptional customer service when interacting with donors and participants
- When raised, helping to resolve donor concerns and providing feedback to the DC team to help identify ways we can improve
- Performing data entry on a variety number of requests using spreadsheets
- Maximizing event fundraising by supporting special event participants with the set-up of their registration, online profiles and the use of online fundraising tools
- This role will be ongoing and will include data entry tasks, callbacks and screening
- Ensure positive donor experiences by participating in quality assurance testing (QA) of database solutions
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that promote a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrating passion and knowledge of the CCS mission and programs
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You understand that cancer can change everything and that bringing community together in support of people who have been affected by cancer helps us prove that life is bigger than cancer.
You’re excited to be a key part of a team that makes it easy to support the mission of the CCS.
Specifically, you have:
- Highly developed customer service, communication and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to answer telephone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Strong comfort with technology and systems
- Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment and ensure donor satisfaction through resolving inquiries the first time and avoiding repeat inquiries
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure accuracy in donor records and gifts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking team environment
As an organization we will provide you with thorough training to prepare you for your role. Training will include a combination of video recordings, screen sharing, training decks, as well as providing real-time virtual sessions to help facilitate your learning. Additional ongoing refresher sessions will also be available. Your staff partner will be a member of the Donor Care team, who will directly support you in your work.
You will also be part of the larger Donor Care Support Team and have opportunity to learn, mentor and be mentored as you engage with CCS supporters.
- This role will be a part-time, 3-5 hours a week, working between the hours of Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 7:00pm EST
- This role could be virtual or in a CCS office (where location & space allow)
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon