Prevention - Marketing Volunteer - Prevention BC
BE a part of something BIG and here’s why…
THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
BE a part of a collective of people united by a singular focus where no Canadian fears cancer. BE bold by committing your time to driving positive change alongside families, friends, healthcare teams, donors, scientists, advocates and all those who strive to make the cancer journey one that is supported in every way.
We believe that life is bigger than cancer. We believe your support is stronger than cancer. If you do too, read more…
WHY WE NEED YOU
At CCS, volunteers are vital because the vast majority of our organizational projects require additional support and the volunteers who assist us allow CCS to continue the work we do, assisting Canadians with cancer prevention programs.
Given that the average Canadian spends sixty percent (60%) of their waking hours on the job, adopting healthy behaviors at the workplace creates a mutually beneficial relationship between workplaces and the Canadian Cancer Society’s mission. As such, Healthy Workplaces , Canadian Cancer Society’s comprehensive workplace wellness program, was created to offer businesses the support and tools they need to develop or enhance workplace wellness programs.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Marketing volunteer is responsible for helping in the development of the healthy workplaces program content, social media content, and marketing collateral .
The Marketing volunteer will need to have experience in content creation and social media management
- Expertise in content development
- Understanding of marketing strategies
- Work with other volunteers
- Produce marketing collateral according to manager requirements
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An individual with:
- Fluent with marketing platforms such as facebook, Instagram and twitter
- Fluent with tools such as word press and canva
- Expertise in marketing strategies
- Understanding of health promotion marketing strategies
- Work with other volunteers
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Completion of appropriate training and orientation provided by the Canadian Cancer Society
It’s more than just an experience. It will be life changing. Our investment in you is realized through:
- Integration where you are part of a team and learn about the work of CCS.
- Ongoing opportunities to connect in different ways across a national organization operating in communities across Canada.
- Information and training with be provided in advance
- Mentorship and coaching both by you and for you.
- Direct connection to our mission, vision, and values.
- Engagement and learning what a Smoking Cessation program looks like.
- Gain practical experience supporting the planning and execution of a prevention program
- Increase your knowledge of administrative programs and skills, and understanding of the inner workings of a national non-profit organization
- Help make a difference and be part of a team to make a difference in the lives of people living with cancer and those who support them
- Improve Graphic Design and Content Development skills
- August 15th – December 15th 2021 (4-month term)
- Twice a week – 4 hour shifts – time is flexible and task dependant
- Remote work
Have we piqued your curiosity? If so, here’s how to express your interest in being a part of something BIG
We welcome people of all backgrounds, abilities and interests. Volunteers must be at least 19 years of age or older for this position due to the scope of the role and responsibilities.
 Healthy Workplaces is powered by Industrial Alliance Financial.