Daffodil Campaign - Vernon and area - 2019 Door to Door Zone Captain - Daffodil Campaign
The Canadian Cancer Societyis currently seeking motivated, enthusiastic Zone Captains to coordinate and engage approximately 10-15 canvassers (Door to door, Workplace, Friends & family, Online) during the Daffodil Campaign in April.
Thousands of volunteer canvassers participate in the Daffodil Campaign in communities across Canada because they believe passionately in the mission of the Canadian Cancer Society. April is the month to fight back and an opportunity to show people living with cancer that they are not alone and we will not give up until all forms of the disease have been defeated.
The Zone Captain will report directly to the Community Coordinator or Area Captain and will help maintain team enthusiasm throughout the campaign and well as ensure canvassers have all the tools they need to conduct the campaign. Zone Captains call canvassers to confirm their commitment, clarify the canvasser’s route, and answer any questions they may have during their canvass. Prior to the campaign, Zone Captains also distribute kits to canvassers, which they then collect and reconcile at the end of the campaign.
- Learn new leadership and team building skills
- Short-term commitment and flexible hours
- Make a difference in the fight against cancer
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Training will be provided
- Additional training resources are available online
- Ongoing support provided by your regional staff team
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation (recommended)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Organized and able to keep accurate and complete records
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Team-builder, community-minded and volunteer-oriented
- Access to a car is preferred
- Enthusiastic, reliable and dependable
1-2 hours per week, from mid-March to the beginning of May.