BC - Victoria - Volunteer Shuttle Van Driver - Vancouver Island Lodge, Victoria, BC
Please be advised that until further notice CCS requires that volunteers within this role will be required to be double vaccinated as per our Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy.
For more information on the CCS Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy please visit www.cancer.ca
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. As a volunteer driver at the Lodge you have an essential role in creating a home away from home for the clients and their families. You have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer.
Key responsibilities include:
- promoting a social and caring atmosphere in the lodge and shuttle van, focusing attention and time on lodge guests;
- ensuring clients and guests get to their appointments on time;
- Helping with mobility aids and getting guests to appointments safely, providing additional assistance if required;
- As per Lodge PPE instructions, ensuring the van is clean and has gas before and after use, complete the inspection checklist;
- Referring any client safety or medical issues to the lodge coordinator or manager
- Ensuring the van is clean and has gas before and after use, and completes the inspection checklist, noting any issues and reporting damage to the lodge manager immediately
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Friendly and outgoing; comfortable working with a variety of people
- Experienced driver with a valid class 5 license and a safe driving record with 3 or fewer demerit points and an acceptable driving record
- Willing to have a criminal records check and regular driver checks completed
- Physically able to carry out the duties of the role, safely and appropriately
- Good communication skills with clear voice; compassionate and patient
- CCS Volunteer and Support Program orientation and ongoing training
- Lodge and role specific orientation and ongoing training
- Ongoing updates and support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Experience
- Volunteer handbook and modules
- All vehicles are equipped with plexiglass to ensure a safer environment for both the driver and client
- All high touch areas will be sanitized by the volunteer driver (seatbelts, door handles, etc.)
As this is an important leadership volunteer position, we ask that you dedicate 6 months to this role. You can pick from a regular weekly shift (i.e. Mondays from 8 am to 12 noon) or you can chose shifts a month in advance to fill in gaps.
As a volunteer, you are a representative and ambassador who promotes the mission and values of the organization.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account