Lodge Programs - Support Program Volunteer
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. The Lodges are located near cancer treatment centres in Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria and Prince George. In this weekly role, meet individually or in small groups to share information with Lodge clients about support programs offered by the Canadian Cancer Society. Share criteria details if clients are interested in participating in programing. Assist clients interested in registering for the Peer Matching program.
Support clients in accessing programing that will support their current needs. You will have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer.
- Be up to date on all Canadian Cancer Society support programs such as Peer Matching, Travel Treatment Fund, Cancer Information Services and Run to Quit.
- Be knowledgeable about criteria for program participation (i.e. income level required for Travel Treatment Fund).
- Promotes lodge & Canadian Cancer Society activities, & support services
- Work in collaboration with other volunteers to support the Lodge clients.
- Support individual cancer clients during their cancer journey.
- Play an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer.
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services.
- Opportunity to further develop communication skills.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- CCS Volunteer Orientation
- Support Program Orientation from Peer Matching Coordinator
- Lodge and Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to learn eligibility criteria for a variety of different programs.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Good communication skills; Patient and caring.
LENGHT OF TIME
Minimum of 6 months