Community Office and Operations - Volunteer Engagement Lead - Comox Valley
Volunteers are critical to the accomplishments of the Canadian Cancer Society and we wouldn’t be able to support, inform and empower those touched by cancer without them.
With only one staff person for the north Island and working from the Comox Valley office, this branch office is reliant on volunteers to provide a presence and support in the community. As the Volunteer Engagement Lead, you will assist with the recruitment, screening and onboarding of volunteers in the area.
The Volunteer Engagement Lead works closely with the Community Leadership Team, Regional Volunteer Engagement Coordinator and Regional Office Assistant to understand volunteer needs for the office and area. They will ensure that new volunteers are brought on board in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Society and ensure that new volunteers feel welcomed and comfortable in their new role.
- Playing an integral role in the support of the mission, vision and values of the CCS
- Helping make a difference in the lives of those living with cancer and those who support them
- Sharing and stretching expertise in leading and organizing people and activities
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share a passion for making a difference in their community
- Sharing and enhancing leadership skills and experience
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Mentoring and support from the Regional Office Assistant
- Support from Leadership Volunteer colleagues and Regional Staff
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Fantastic people skills, including the ability to collaborate with a wide diversity of people
- Human Resources experience is an asset but not required
- Very organized
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Computer skills - including willingness to learn Volunteer Impact (a volunteer management database)
- Access to email
- Must have some availability during office hours to meet with volunteer applicants
Volunteering with the Canadian Cancer Society is a great opportunity for you to make a positive impact in your community, be part of a team, share your experience, learn new skills and develop lasting friendships.
- My Microsoft Office skills are: Must be at least Intermediate