Southern Interior Rotary Lodge - Librarian Volunteer
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. The Lodges are located near cancer treatment centres in Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria and Prince George. Regularly review the Cancer Information Materials to ensure brochures are up to date. Identify for Lodge Manager or Client Service Coordinator which materials need to be reordered. Maintain Library with a variety of books for clients to access while at the Lodge.
By ensuring an updated Library you will maintain both a key resource with cancer information and also reading materials for clients staying at the Lodge. You have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer.
- Regularly update Canadian Cancer Society brochures, ensuring that an adequate supply of current materials are available for clients to access.
- Maintain a library with a variety of general interest books for clients to borrow.
- Promotes a social and caring atmosphere in the lodge, focusing attention and time on lodge guests.
- Promotes lodge & Canadian Cancer Society activities, & support services.
- Support Clients by ensuring both cancer information and recreational reading material is available for their information and enjoyment.
- Play an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer.
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- CCS Volunteer Orientation
- Support Program Orientation
- Lodge and Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Comfortable managing a large number of Society materials.
LENGHT OF TIME
Minimum of 6 months