Lodges / Maisons d'hébergement - Wig Bank & Breast Prosthesis Services - Product Care Volunteer - Vancouver Lodge, BC
Please be advised that until further notice CCS requires that volunteers within this role will be required to be double vaccinated as per our Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy.
For more information on the CCS Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy please visit www.cancer.ca
THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
BE a part of a collective of people united by a singular focus where no Canadian fears cancer. BE bold by committing your time to driving positive change alongside families, friends, healthcare teams, donors, scientists, advocates and all those who strive to make the cancer journey one that is supported in every way.
Product Care Volunteer - Wig Bank & Breast Prostheses Services
WHY WE NEED YOU
At the Canadian Cancer Society, the Wig Bank and Breast Prosthesis Services Volunteers are vital in ensuring that all Canadians, no matter where they live, can access free wigs and breast accessories with just a simple call or click.
The Wig Bank and Breast Prosthesis Services Volunteer will support many aspects of the program and contribute to the program's success.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Washing and/or organizing the washing of the wigs
- Working with stakeholders for wig maintenance
- Validating the returned or donated wigs viability
- Maintaining and organizing of the wig room
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An individual with:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and self-awareness in a virtual and in-person settings
- An ability to work as a team player
- Experience with hair dressing and styling is an asset
- Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to follow through and complete tasks
It’s more than just an experience. It will be life changing. Our investment in you is realized through:
- Integration where you are part of a team and learn about the work of CCS
- Ongoing opportunities to connect in different ways across a national organization operating in communities across Canada
- Mentorship and coaching both by you and for you
- Direct connection to our mission, vision and values because we are who we say we are and with you that is possible
- Minimum commitment of at least 6 months required
- Monday – Friday, 4-6 hour per week
- Flexible hours per month
People from all walks of life with a variety of abilities and interests are welcome. Due to the scope of the role and responsibilities, volunteers must be 19 years of age or older.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account