Daffodil Campaign - Creston - Pin Distribution Leader - Creston
Are you a team player looking for opportunities to make a positive impact in your community? Help the Canadian Cancer Society's Daffodil Campaign in the fight against cancer.
Funds raised through the sale of pins during the Daffodil Campaign will lead crucial cancer prevention initiatives, fund lifesaving research, and deliver trusted information and compassionate support to people living with cancer and their caregivers. April is the month to fight back!
Pin Distribution Leaders manage a team of volunteers to distribute and collect retail pin boxes to high-traffic locations in their community. Pin Distribution Leaders:
- Contact, support, and recognize all Pin Distribution volunteers utilizing VI (online volunteer database) - Work with the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator to actively recruit pin volunteers in their community
- Report to the Annual Giving Staff provide progress updates, share concerns and feedback.
- Contact and secure the continued support of previous pin partners and/or Identify and secure new pin partners
- Provide list of confirmed locations, contact names and number of boxes required per location
- Assign volunteers to confirmed pin box locations in their school, work or home neighbourhood
- Share training resources and provide on-the-job coaching and support to Pin Distribution Volunteers
- Manage the delivery and return of all Daffodil resources to/from the Pin Distribution Volunteers (pins, boxes, marketing materials, tracking tools)
- Direct volunteers to collect and track revenue per pin box location and remit both funds and report as per agreed upon schedule
- Participate in campaign debrief.
- Play an integral role in supporting the mission, vision, and values of the Society
- Join a team of enthusiastic and interesting people
- Enhance project management, people management, communication, and organizational skills
- Attend a variety of Society events and network with Society staff and volunteers.
Training & Support
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Campaign-specific training provided by regional team
- Regular leadership meetings
Skills & Qualifications
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to motivate others and work as a team
- Creative thinker with problem solving skills
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Volunteer or project management experience an asset
- Access to a vehicle and a telephone essential
March – April . Approximately 5 - 10 hours per Flexible schedule required.
Pin Distribution Volunteer - Daffodil Campaign - Creston