Daffodil Campaign - Daffodil Pin Lead
Are you a leader and looking for opportunities to make a positive impact in your community? Help the Canadian Cancer Society’s Daffodil Campaign in raising awareness and funds to support the fight against cancer.
Funds raised through the Daffodil Campaign will make a difference in the lives of people living with cancer by helping to raise funds and build community awareness for cancer research, cancer prevention, and the Canadian Cancer Society support programs and services. April is the month to fight back!
The Daffodil Pin Lead is responsible for coordinating the daffodil pin campaign in their community. This volunteer distributes pin boxes to businesses within the community, organizes teams of volunteers to offer pins to the community at tables or other public locations, and maintains records of sales. This role may involve scheduling other volunteers to deliver pin boxes or staff tables.
- Contribute your skills to the fight against cancer
- Use and build your leadership, networking and communication skills
- Short term commitment with flexible hours
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Campaign-specific training
- Ongoing support provided by the staff partner
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable on the phone
- Very good administrative skills
- Skilled at leading a group; some leadership experience a strong asset
- Some experience with fundraising a strong asset
4 hours/week from January - April
Daffodil Pin Lead Volunteer – Comox Valley