Daffodil Campaign - Kamloops - 2019 Door to Door Canvasser - Daffodil Campaign
The Canadian Cancer Society is currently seeking energetic, passionate, and outgoing volunteer canvassers (Door to Door, Workplace, Friends & Family, Online) to be the face of the Canadian Cancer Society in neighborhoods or workplaces during the Daffodil Campaign in April.
Thousands of volunteer canvassers participate in the Daffodil Campaign in communities across Canada because they believe passionately in the mission of the Canadian Cancer Society. April is the month to fight back and an opportunity to show people living with cancer that they are not alone and we will not give up until all forms of the disease have been defeated.
Canvassers have a great passion for the fight for life and are able to commit to going door to door 1-3 times during the month of April, for an hour or two each time, to ask for donations and raise awareness about the Canadian Cancer Society. Visiting neighbors on the weekend or in the early evening is recommended.
As an alternative to going door to door or to complement door to door fundraising, canvassing friends & family, workplace, clubs or associations and/or online are all other opportunities to show your support.
- Short-term commitment and flexible hours
- Make a difference in the fight against cancer
- Engage with the community
- Meet neighbors and raise awareness within your community
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Training will be provided
- Additional training resources are available online
- Ongoing support provided by your regional staff team
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation (recommended)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A great attitude and a passion for the fight against cancer.
- Able to commit to going door to door 1-3 times during the month, for an hour or two each time. Visiting neighbors on the weekends or in the early evening is recommended.
- Comfortable approaching residents in your neighborhood (or a nearby neighborhood), friends & family and/or workplace colleagues to ask for donations while raising awareness about the Canadian Cancer Society
At least 2-3 hours during the month of April