Cops for Cancer - Tour de Rock Community Committee
We are looking for energetic community members who want to make a difference in the fight against childhood cancer. The impact of cancer on the life of a child and their family is devastating. Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock is your chance to work towards ending childhood cancer and enhancing the quality of life of those children living with cancer. You will develop your leadership skills in community engagement and planning, and participate in community events to support the Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock event.
Cops for Cancer is an exciting annual event that takes place each fall, when local police cycle across Vancouver Island on an 1100 km two-week event. Be a part of the Tour de Rock team in Port Alberni
Work alongside a team of volunteers and staff to support the Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock in Port Alberni. Use your excellent organizational and communication skills to network with community organizations, businesses, and community members to encourage partnerships in the fight against childhood cancer.
- Know that you are making a difference and are part of a bigger cause!
- Attend meetings and work collaboratively with fellow volunteers and staff.
- Take on a special role or task and ensure that the team is updated on your progress. Good communication is critical to the success of Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock.
- Use your strengths and community connections to contribute to a successful Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock.
- Make a difference in your community to those kids and their families who are fighting cancer.
- Learn new skills and use your expertise.
- Gain work experience and references.
- Meet new people.
- Have fun!
- Be a part of a changing cancer forever.
- April – October, approximately 4 hours per week April to June and 4-8 hours per week leading up to the final Tour day in Alberni Valley.