Daffodil Campaign - Canvasser
BE a part of something BIG and here’s why…
THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
BE a part of a collective of people united by a singular focus where no Canadian fears cancer. BE bold by committing your time to driving positive change alongside families, friends, healthcare teams, donors, scientists, advocates and all those who strive to make the cancer journey one that is supported in every way.
We believe that life is bigger than cancer. We believe your support is stronger than cancer. If you do too, read more…
WHY WE NEED YOU
At CCS, fundraising volunteers are vital because the vast majority of our organizational funding comes from donations by everyday Canadians through fundraising activities and events.
Our annual Daffodil Campaign mobilizes Canadians from coast to coast, raising funds for work aimed at helping people live longer and improving the lives and experiences of those affected by cancer. One aspect of this campaign is collection of donations at the door in residential areas.
The Canvasser will engage in community and neighborhood house to house fundraising, collecting donations in their local area.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Canvass your assigned route, door-to-door during the month of April
- Communicate and raise awareness about the Canadian Cancer Society
- Visit neighbours on the weekend or in the early evening
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Networking and relationship building skills
- Self-motivated and result oriented
- Passionate and eager to make a significant impact
It’s more than just an experience. It will be life changing. Our investment in you is realized through:
- Integration where you are part of a team and learn about the work of CCS
- Ongoing opportunities to connect in different ways across a national organization operating in communities across Canada
- Direct connection to our mission, vision and values because we are who we say we are and with you that is possible
- The Month of April
- Some training and information sessions may occur during February and March
- Weekend and evening work can be expected
- Flexibility during busy times of the campaign is requested
We welcome people of all backgrounds, abilities and interests. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age for this position due to the scope of the role and responsibilities.