ON - Ottawa - Participant Engagement Lead - Ottawa - Responsable de l’engagement des participants
BE a part of something BIG and here’s why…
THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY
BE a part of a collective of people united by a singular focus where no Canadian fears cancer. BE bold by committing your time to driving positive change alongside families, friends, healthcare teams, donors, scientists, advocates and all those who strive to make the cancer journey one that is supported in every way.
We believe that life is bigger than cancer. We believe your support is stronger than cancer. If you do too, read more…
Relay For Life Participant Engagement Lead
WHY WE NEED YOU
At CCS we are committed to improving the cancer experience by helping people with cancer live their lives more fully. The Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life brings together communities united by the same goal of creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer. Relay is an opportunity to celebrate those who live and have lived in the face of cancer.
Funds raised through Relay For Life will contribute to groundbreaking research, support programs and services that help people with cancer and enhanced advocacy efforts to governments on important cancer related issues.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As the Participant Engagement Lead you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the chief ‘salesperson’ of Relay in your community by re-engaging past Relay participants and and inviting new people to Relay
- Building on the Outreach Lead’s planned activities, connecting with interested parties and help them understand what Relay is, why it matters and how they’ll benefit from participating
- Providing support and ideas to teams and participants to encourage online fundraising to reach individual and team goals
- Community-wide fundraising campaigns as part of Relay For Life
- Holding team captain meetings leading up to the event
- Participating in call campaigns for retention and fundraising coaching
- Leading and supporting the Hope Engagement Coordinator in engaging Participants of Hope and ensuring their tasks are completed if this role remains vacant.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As the Participant Engagement lead you are a cheerleader and encourager of others. You understand the impact that cancer has on a person’s life and are motivated to drive fundraising efforts by increasing participant involvement. You are all about building relationships and helping others reach their goals. You have the professional network and interpersonal skills to speak with a variety of people, one to one and in group presentations. As a detail-oriented person, you are ready to track the progress of each Relay participant and use your creativity and enthusiasm to help them reach their fundraising goal. You are outgoing, enthusiastic and ready to do your best to make the Relay experience positive and meaningful for everyone you connect with.
As an organization we will provide you with online resources, training and support to help you lead the Participant Engagement portfolio and be an effective leader for the Hope Engagement Coordinator.
You will work closely with the Hope Engagement Coordinator and will also be supported by the Relay Director, Community Engagement, a fellow volunteer, who will oversee all aspects of bringing more community members to Relay.
You will be part of the larger Relay community and have opportunity to learn and mentor as you engage with CCS staff and volunteers.
- This is an important leadership role. We are anticipating an ongoing level of commitment which will include regular monthly meetings with the entire committee.
- Between committee meetings, you will be reaching out to interested parties, attending events to enhance the Relay profile and seeking out and engaging with potential new connections.
- You are agreeing to initiate and respond with regular, consistent communication between the Relay Director, Community Engagement and other members of the team, including the Hope Engagement Coordinator.
- As the event date approaches your time commitment will increase and on event day your leadership, as you continue to connect with the participants you have recruited, will be critical in creating the sense of accomplishment that everyone will go home with, knowing that their actions have created something bigger than cancer.