Cops for Cancer - Tour de Rock - 2019 Jersey Presentation - Parking Attendant
Are you a team player and passionate about community events? By supporting the Tour de Rock riders in their 1,000 km ride from the north end of Vancouver Island to the south, you will be helping them raise money to fight childhood cancer.
Before the two-week journey begins, the riders will be presented with their official Tour de Rock jerseys in a private ceremony at the CFB Esquimalt Gunroom on Friday, September 6th.
Two volunteers are needed to assist with parking at the event.
THIS ROLE INVOLVES:
- Placing signage at the entrances of the parking lot
- Directing traffic to available parking spots
- Giving guests directions to the Gunroom
- Be an integral part of the Canadian Cancer Society Tour de Rock
- Apply your experience in a community context
- Build community relationships and have fun!
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation
- Job-specific instruction provided on site
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Comfortable outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to be physically active for a minimum of 1.25 hours
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed
- Belief in the values and mission of the Canadian Cancer Society
A minimum of one 1.5-hour shift
Jersey Presentation Parking Attendant – Tour de Rock - Victoria