Support Programs - Lodge: On-call Front Desk Volunteers
Warm and friendly “on call front desk” volunteers are needed at the Vancouver Island Lodge. The Vancouver Island Lodge is a home away from home for those receiving cancer treatment in Victoria from other parts of the Island. In particular, we need volunteers available to help with evening shifts when there are schedule openings (these include both openings that are scheduled in advance and last minute). Volunteers are an important part of ensuring a welcoming atmosphere at the Lodge. Here is some more information that might help you decide if this volunteer position is for you:
· Volunteers will support a compassionate and positive environment greeting Lodge guests in person and on the phone.
· Shifts include 9 am – 12:30, 12:30 – 4 pm, 4 – 6 pm, 6 – 9 pm. Please note shifts are Monday – Friday only.
· Reliability is important as we will count on you to be available for your scheduled shifts.
· Volunteers will have computer know how.
· Criminal Record Check is required.
· Training will be provided.