Southern Interior Rotary Lodge - Maintenance Volunteer
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. The Lodges are located near cancer treatment centres in Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria and Prince George. As a maintenance volunteer you will liaise with the Lodge Manager or Client Service Coordinator regarding what needs to be fixed.
Support a safe and well maintained building.
You have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer.
- Fix and Maintain things as agreed upon with Lodge Manager.
- Discuss and agree upon any supplies or expenses needed with the Lodge Manager.
- Work in collaboration with other volunteers to support the Lodge clients.
- See a before and after, knowing that you are ensuring a well maintained building.
- Play an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer.
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- CCS Volunteer Orientation
- Support Program Orientation
- Lodge and Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
- WHIMIS (or willing to take)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to use basic tools and fix things as needed.
- Good judgment regarding safety.
- Willingness to follow safety standards and Canadian Cancer Society policy & procedures.
LENGHT OF TIME
Minimum of 6 months