Daffodil Campaign - Door-to-Door - Office Assistant - Door to Door Campaign
The purpose of this role is to provide administrative support including data entry and general office duties for the Greater Vancouver Area’s annual Door to Door campaign and Annual Giving Team at the Division Office. This work advances the mission of the Canadian Cancer Society in eradicating cancer and enhancing the quality of life for those living with cancer through fundraising for world-class research, cancer prevention initiatives and support programs for those living with the disease.
This position is based out of our BC and Yukon Division office, located across the street from the Broadway-City Hall Canada Line station. Our casual, inclusive working environment encourages a supportive community of like-minded people. Here at the Canadian Cancer Society, we take pride in the health and wellness of our staff and volunteer workforce. This includes ensuring that our workspace enables healthy choices, such as the use of standing desks, stretching breaks, and the onsite kitchen, gym, meditation room and bike storage. Space is shared among all of our departments, including support programs, health promotion, marketing, fundraising and the Jean C Barber Lodge. We welcome people of all backgrounds, abilities and interests.
- Assist with all aspects of the annual Door to Door Campaign
- Administrative and organization support, as required
- Updating Volunteer Databases and files with current information
- Creating phone lists for Telerecruiting campaign using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prepare, type and organize campaign files and campaign materials
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, standards and ethics
- Play an integral role in the support of the mission, vision and values of the Canadian Cancer Society
- Enhancing administrative, organizational, and team work skills
- Join a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share a passion for revenue development, annual giving and cancer prevention
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation
- On-the-job training and introduction to campaign with Annual Giving Coordinators
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Handbook, policies and procedures
Skills & Qualifications
- Microsoft Office Word and Excel 2010 familiarity is required
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to complete accurate and detailed records
- Self-motivated, able to multi task, and work as part of a team
- Friendly and outgoing
- Willing to learn about the Society’s activities across the Region.
Daffodil Campaign - Door to Door - Office Assistant - Vancouver
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account