Support Programs - Cancer Wig Coordinator
A compassionate volunteer who wants to make a difference in the lives of women living with cancer is needed to coordinate the Wig Room at the Vancouver Island Lodge. Your role will provide both practical and emotional support to cancer patients by ensuring that women who have lost their hair through chemotherapy can choose a wig to wear through treatment. You will provide weekly care of the wigs (shampooing returned wigs) and ensure the wig room is always welcoming and presentable. If you are an organized individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of those living with cancer, this volunteer role may be for you!
- Coordinate cleaning and display of wig room items & supplies
- Coordinate cleaning, styling, display and storage of Wigs
- Work in partnership with office volunteers to coordinate wig sign out procedures and client information
- Responsible for general cleanliness and presentation of wig room
- Flexible hours between Monday 8am and Friday 3pm, evenings acceptable
- Estimate 2-3 hours per week