Southern Interior Rotary Lodge - Hotel Porter Volunteer - Fridays
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. The Lodges are located near cancer treatment centres in Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria and Prince George. As a Hotel Porter you will help clients move their luggage. Shifts will be scheduled on Mondays and Fridays during the busiest “move-in” and “move-out” days.
In this role you will help ease the transition of clients moving into or out of a new location who may be feeling the side effects of their cancer treatment. Everything that we can do to make this transition and move easier will support the client in having a good experience at the Lodge. Especially those clients who are coming to the Lodge for the first time. You have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer.
- Move luggage and belongings of Lodge clients.
- Promote a social and caring atmosphere in the lodge, focusing attention and time on lodge guests.
- Work in collaboration with other volunteers and staff to support the Lodge clients.
- You will be in a front line role supporting cancer clients.
- Play an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer.
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- CCS Volunteer Orientation
- Support Program Orientation
- Lodge and Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to lift and carry luggage.
- Friendly and outgoing. Comfortable working with a wide variety of people.
- Good communication skills.
LENGHT OF TIME
Minimum of 6 months