NS - Halifax - Product Care Volunteer - Wig Bank - The Lodge That Gives - Halifax, NS
Please be advised that until further notice CCS requires that volunteers within this role will be required to be double vaccinated as per our Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy.
For more information on the CCS Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy please visit www.cancer.ca
At CCS, the Wig Bank- Breast Prosthesis and Accessories Services Volunteers are vital in ensuring that all Canadians, no matter where they live, can access free wigs and breast accessories with just a simple call or click.
VOLUNTEER WIG BANK OVERVIEW - Sobey Cancer Support Centre- The Lodge That Gives - Halifax, NS
The ideal candidate for this role has strong organizational skills and attention to detail, excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrates compassion and self-awareness in virtual and in-person settings and enjoys working in a team setting.
Knowledge and/or experience with hair dressing and styling are considered an asset.
As the Product Care volunteer, you will be responsible for:
- Washing and/or organizing the washing of the wigs
- Working with stakeholders for wig maintenance
- Validating the returned or donated wigs viability
- Maintaining and organizing the wig room
- This is a minimum 6-month commitment
- 4 - 6 hours per week, flexible monthly
- Choose Wednesday through the day or any evening Monday to Thursday
- Independent and teamwork responsibilities
Join the Canadian Cancer Society Vancouver Lodge team and help make a real difference for all Canadians impacted by cancer.
People from all walks of life with a variety of abilities and interests are welcome. Due to the scope of the role and responsibilities, volunteers must be at least 19 years of age or older
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account