Daffodil Dash - Sponsorship Development Committee Member
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national community based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of quality of life of people living with cancer.
The Daffodil Dash is your chance to help create a world where no one fears cancer. When you, your family, friends and colleagues come together with Canadians in communities across the country for this powerful event, you not only help save more lives through ground-breaking cancer research but also support those living with cancer today.
Daffodil Dash Vancouver
Sponsorship Development Committee Member
The Canadian Cancer Society is excited to add a Sponsorship Development Committee Member to the Daffodil Dash team.
Supporting the outreach on behalf of this event, you and your team members will connect with the community to develop new relationships with potential participants and sponsors from organizations that will enhance the event and the profile of the Canadian Cancer Society in the area. As a committee member, you will maintain existing relationships with our generous supporters and be empowered to connect with local businesses, schools, community groups and centers, and other public groups.
- Professional development particularly in networking, business development, and event planning
- Engagement with an exciting and motivated committee to build a memorable event
- Contributing to the organization’s vision of creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer
- Expanding your professional and personal network
- Reach out to known sponsors during the event planning process
- Aim to achieve outreach goals set up by the Sponsorship Lead
- Maintain existing relationships with sponsors
- Reach out to new sponsors and potential event participants
- Work with other Committee members to successfully execute the event
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience engaging sponsorship outreach, volunteer leadership, or event planning
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and time management skills
- Confident in public speaking and considering sponsorship materials
- Comfortable attending public events to promote the Daffodil Dash
Volunteers must be at least 19 years of age for this position.
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Volunteer Handbook provided by the Volunteer Engagement team
- Role-specific training with the addition of online resources available for review
- Regular meetings with the Staff Partner and experienced Committee Leads
- 2-4 hours/week with a higher level of commitment from February to June
- Attendance at monthly committee meetings, community events, set-up, and take-down of the event
- Ability to respond to emails/requests within a reasonable timeframe (12 – 24 hours)
- My Microsoft Office skills are: Must be at least Intermediate