Relay For Life - Organizing Committee 2020
Relay for Life Organizing Committee
Relay For Life is your chance to help create a world where no one fears cancer. You will unite with Canadians in communities across the country by joining this incredibly powerful event. When you, your family, friends and colleagues come together, you can help save more lives through ground-breaking cancer research and support those living with cancer today.
As a member of the Relay For Life organizing committee, you are part of a team of committed, community minded volunteers in Prince George working to make a difference in the lives of cancer patients, their families and the wider community.
We are currently recruiting for a few positions on the committee and sub-committees, including overseeing the Seniors' Tea.
Work alongside a team of volunteers and a staff partner to ensure that all key details are organized for a successful Relay for Life in Prince George. Plan and strategize as a team to meet your goals which will include a fundraising target, incorporating the promotion of healthy living, cancer survivor engagement, and FUN!
- Attend regular meetings and work collaboratively with fellow volunteers and staff.
- Take responsibility for a specific role or tasks and ensure that the team is updated on your progress. Good communication is critical to the success of Relay.
- Promote healthy living throughout all stages of planning and on event day.
- Use your strengths and community connections to contribute to a successful Relay.
- Know that you are making a difference and are part of a bigger cause!
- Make a difference in your community.
- Learn new skills and use your expertise.
- Meet new people.
- Be a part of changing cancer forever.
- October - June
- Several hours a month
- Time commitment varies depending on the role.
For more information please contact:
Aimee Cassie firstname.lastname@example.org
Or sign up for this position and we'll be in touch to talk about where your skills and interests would fit with our committee.
You are currently in our volunteer portal. If you would prefer to register as a team or individual participant, please visit the event page at www.relayforlife.ca/princegeorge.
Organizing Committee 2020 - Relay for Life - Prince George