Please be advised that until further notice CCS requires that volunteers within this role will be required to be double vaccinated as per our Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy. For more information on the CCS Covid-19 Vaccinations Policy please visit www.cancer.ca
WHY WE NEED YOU
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. As a volunteer at the Lodge you have an essential role in creating a home away from home for the clients and their families. You will have a positive impact on those living with the disease by assisting lodge guests and staff through a variety of activities involving reception, tours and other front desk duties.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Promotes a social and caring atmosphere in the lodge, focusing attention and time on lodge guests
- Greets & provides tours for (potential) lodge guests and visitors.
- Answers lodge phone, transfers calls, takes & relays messages
- Provides directions to treatment centers, public transportation, shopping etc.
- Does general tidying of common areas
- Promotes lodge & Canadian Cancer Society activities, & support services
- Other duties as assigned and under the direction of the lodge staff
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Good communication skills with clear voice and polite telephone manner;
- Patient and outgoing.
- Play an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services
- CCS Volunteer Orientation
- Support Program Orientation
- Lodge and Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
- Monday to Thursday – 4 hour and 8 hour shifts available on any day
- This is an important leadership role. We ask that you dedicate 6 months to this role.
As a volunteer, you are a representative and ambassador who promotes the mission and values of the organization.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, abilities and interests. Volunteers must be at least 19 years of age or older for this position due to the scope of the role and responsibilities.