Community Operations - Community Office Assistant - Cowichan Valley
The Canadian Cancer Society (The Society) is seeking motivated and compassionate Community Offices volunteers, to represent the Society with integrity and caring. Community Office volunteers support The Society’s primary initiatives, including fundraising campaigns, health promotion programs, cancer awareness and support services information.
The Community Office Assistant is responsible for answering telephone and walk-in inquiries by providing appropriate information and referrals, receiving and processing donations, handling incoming and outgoing mail, distributing promotional materials and assisting with administrative support for projects and special events.
- Play an integral role by engaging the public in the mission, vision, and values of the Canadian Cancer Society
- Have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer
- Use and enhance your administrative skills through experience and ongoing training!
- Share in the hope with others while inviting them to join in the fight against cancer
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Canadian Cancer Society Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Handbook
- Role specific training, including regular computer skills and procedures updates
- Workforce Leadership Program (Leadership Training, Optional)
- Support from Leadership Volunteers and Regional Staff
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Friendly and outgoing. Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Comfortable with office equipment and administrative procedures
- Organized and adaptable to change
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Good understanding of The Canadian Cancer Society activities in community and across Region
- Good communication skills with clear voice and polite telephone manner
- Previous office experience
- Intermediate computer knowledge (including Excel and Word)
3.5 hours/week; renewable commitment of 6 months
Community Office Assistant - Cowichan Valley Unit Office - Cowichan Valley