Lodge Support - Lodge Front Desk
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. The Lodges are located near cancer treatment centres in Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria and Prince George.
As a volunteer at the Lodge you have an essential role in creating a home away from home for the clients and their families. You have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer. You assist and support lodge guests and staff through a variety of activities involving reception, tours and other front desk duties.
- Promotes a social and caring atmosphere in the lodge, focusing attention and time on lodge guests
- Greets & provides tours for (potential) lodge guests and visitors.
- Answers lodge phone, transfers calls, takes & relays messages
- Provides directions to treatment centres, public transportation, shopping etc.
- Does general tidying of common areas
- Promotes lodge & Canadian Cancer Society activities, & support services
- Other duties as assigned and under the direction of the lodge staff
- Play an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- CCS Volunteer Orientation
- Support Program Orientation
- Lodge and Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Friendly and outgoing. Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Good communication skills with clear voice and polite telephone manner; Patient and outgoing.
LENGHT OF TIME
Minimum of 6 months
- Criminal Record Check Must be Full record check