Ongoing - Administrative & Operations Support - Building & Grounds
|NOTE: Individuals who are not part of a group and wish to make multiple visits are required to complete an application and background screening for this volunteer role. Please contact Volunteer Services about the process if you are interested in signing up: email@example.com.|
Vegetable Gardens - Villa Maria School
We have three vegetable gardens that serve Villa Maria School that need some love, depending on the season. Activities range from weeding and watering to more skill-intensive projects.
Courtyards - St. Vincent's Villa
We are fortunate to have these spaces in the midst of our residential treatment center, and we rely on volunteers for their care. Three of our smaller courtyards are adorned with bushes, seating, planters, and pathways, but quickly get in a less usable state if not regularly tended.
These spaces are not only potential resources for respite and therapeutic recreation, but they also provide a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere to those entering the residence or walking its large-windowed hallways.
Ideally, we're looking for groups or individuals who might "adopt" one or two courtyards to steward on a regular basis.
- Trimming and pruning bushes and shrubbery.
- General maintenance: walking stones, planters, etc.
- Creative ideas for developing the spaces!
We have most of the equipment you might need, including gloves, weeding implements, and shears.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening