Ongoing - Behavioral Health - Working with Youth - Academic Tutor
Tutors connect with a child for academic support, building a positive relationship. Tutoring takes place after-school hours.
Volunteer candidates must be consistent, positive, patient, flexible, and adept at appreciating “What’s strong” instead of “What’s wrong.” We are seeking individuals who are tech-competent, comfortable using Zoom, expressive, and possess clear diction – qualities that will be essential when engaging children through a virtual platform.
Commitment: 30 minutes, once a week for at least 8 weeks.
Pre-Service Training (orientation for all new volunteers) via Zoom
To apply, please click where prompted "I would like to volunteer." Background checks will be required.
- Child Protective Services check Must be at least Submitted
- Interview Must be Interview complete
- Policy forms Must be at least Completed
- Pre-Service Training (2 hr. training) Must be at least Completed PST
- Reference check Must be at least 2 clear
- Verified Volunteers criminal background check Must be Clear
This activity occurs between Saturday, October 01, 2022 and Friday, June 09, 2023
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon