Ongoing - Administrative & Operations Support - [OUTDOOR OPTION w. Social Distance] Quarterly Bicycle Check-Ups and/or Bike Maintenance
On a spacious Baltimore County campus, St. Vincent's Villa is a perfect place for children to ride bikes. Bike riding is a popular pastime for the boys and girls age 5-13 in this residential treatment setting. Some children even learn to ride their first bike here! The physical exercise, the social aspects of cycling, and the fresh air, definitely make bike riding a wholesome activity for all children.
We're seeking volunteers who can help provide seasonal care for about 70 bikes. We can make a schedule that's convenient for you or your group. If you would enjoy this outdoor opportunity, please click where this page says "I would like to volunteer" and fill in a brief profile. We'll get in touch to make a plan for you to help once or on a seasonal schedule* such as this:
- Spring: Perform safety checks on each bike and recommend repairs (or replacement)
- Summer: Perform safety checks and minor maintenance (e.g. fill innertubes)
- Fall: Perform safety checks and store functional bikes in shed for Winter
If you are handy and would be willing to repair bicycles onsite or remotely, please let us know! Cyclists, we'd love your support.
* If you would like to help more than once, we'll facilitate some necessary screening and a one-time "Pre-Service Training." Volunteers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a guardian.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening