In Kind Donation Drives - Paper Bowls & Plates
10 ounce bowl 20 ounce bowl 6 inch plate
Thank you for your interest in the Paper Bowls (10oz/20oz) & Paper Plates (6 inch) donation drive for Sarah's House shelter clients! Sarah’s House provides services to people experiencing homelessness to meet their basic needs, educate and empower them to become self-sufficient and live healthy lives. The staff and volunteers that service these clients need disposal paper products to provide 3 meals per day/365 days per year.
Sarah's House has a small budget to purchase supplies such as disposal paper products throughout the year. Typically, funds are depleted before the end of the fiscal year. We use the smaller disposal bowls and plates for our small children serving sizes, salads, soups and desserts. Our goal is to fill a pantry with as many paper bowls and paper plates that can safely fit into the space.
Put a on someone’s face by supporting the donation drive for Sarah’s House shelter clients! One of the best feelings in the world is giving!!! Positive energy is contagious. With just one act of kindness, you can inspire others to go out and plant seeds of happiness by giving, too.
How to gain credit hours as a community service volunteer through donation drives:
For those volunteers that are seeking to obtain hours for mandated community service and school service learning, you can obtain your necessary volunteer hours if you fill up the specified box size equal to the number of volunteer hours you need.
For example, if you need 32 volunteer hours, you can fill up (32) medium boxes, (8) large boxes, (4) extra-large boxes or any combination of boxes that will equal to 32 volunteer hours.
Here are links to the different size boxes (the brand of the box is not important; being able to fill the box is what we are looking for) and how much each box of donations is worth in volunteer hours:
Extra Large Box = 8 hours - https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Boxes/Standard-Sized-Moving-Boxes/Extra-Large-Moving-Box/?id=3588
Responsibilities for donation drive activity:
1. Ask your friends, family, schoolmates, neighbors, churches, clubs, colleagues or whomever you think will contribute to helping us fill our pantries with disposal bowls and plates!
2. Collect your items the prior to the day that you sign up for the activity.
- For example, if you sign up on Thurs, 07/25/19 at 1p that means you want to collect your juices prior to 07/25/19 @1p. On 07/25/19 @ 1p when you arrive, you will walk inside to speak to the front desk receptionist located inside 2015 20th Street Fort Meade, MD 20775 (you will see a blue and white Sarah’s House sign in front of the bldg). You will let the receptionist know that you have items to drop off in shed #4.
3. If you are a community service volunteer or collecting hours for school related purposes, ask the receptionist to contact Candice Willie, Bruce Clopein or Janis Luna so that someone can greet you and assess the amount of items you've contributed so that you can receive the appropriate amount of volunteer hours.
5. If you are simply donating these items for assist us with our needs, you will drop the items off in the designated area shared with you by the receptionist.
Your primary POC for this donation drive:
Your 2nd POC for this donation drive:
Your 3rd POC for this donation drive:
Project Serve Intern