Special Events - Summer Camp at St. Vincent's Villa
Camp takes place late June and mid August on site, weekday mornings for the most part. Volunteers are non-residential and will just come and help with activities for a few hours and go home.
In addition to standard background screening, volunteers for camp weeks in 2021 must be fully vaccinated and remain masked while on campus, even when outdoors.
Children from St. Vincent's Villa Residential Treatment Center participate in summer camp activities with our recreational therapist and volunteers. Activities include a range of sports, crafts, and hands-on lessons designed to further the treatment goals of children with severe emotional and behavioral disabilities, aged 5-13. Volunteers provide support by keeping children engaged and by assisting with set-up and tear-down. Do you have a particular skill or interesting profession? Coming as part of a work or school group? Maybe we can use your help in unique ways!
The camp takes place while Villa Maria School is on break - late June and mid August - although it is only attended by residents of St. Vincent's Villa (and not the general public nor non-resident students of Villa Maria School). Activities take place in the morning, and the children attend in groups of approximately 12, rotating between camp and other activities.
To cap off two weeks of summer camp in August, the children have an extended celebration on the final day (Multicultural Day), involving crafts and foods.
- COVID-19 Assumption of Risk Form Must be Submitted
- COVID-19 Vaccination Must be Vaccination record received
- Interview Must be Interview complete
- Policy forms Must be at least Completed
- Pre-Service Training (2 hr. training) Must be at least Mini-Orientation
- Reference check Must be at least 2 clear
- Tuberculosis risk screening Must be at least Health questionnaire submitted
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon