Special Events - [COVID-19] Meal Deliveries to Villa Maria School Community
The Villa Maria School serves elementary and middle school students from Baltimore City and surrounding counties when their own school cannot meet their behavioral needs. Due to the pandemic, Villa Maria School, like all Maryland schools, will also not be able to provide the in-person, therapeutic environment needed for these students to thrive.
While VMS is resorting to distance-learning, we will reach Villa Maria School community in their homes by delivering prepared meals once a week. Your volunteer effort will help combat isolation, express care, and meet essential needs until students can return to campus. While maintaining social distance, let's check in with families and increase communication between families and school staff!
Sign up by clicking where it says "I would like to volunteer." If you are a current volunteer, sign in to your account. New volunteers: complete a brief profile, which creates a volunteer account in our system. Then, select the dates you are available to volunteer. Indicate how many drivers are in your party, if you are registering a group. If you sign up for multiple shifts, we'll follow up with you regarding background screening.
Once you sign up we will ask for your geographical preference for deliveries: Baltimore City/ Baltimore County/ Harford County. We will also confirm a cell phone number where we can reach each driver in your party.
- Meal pickups will take place from 10 AM-12 PM each Friday. Bev Butler will be in touch on Wednesday or Thursday to confirm a more specific time slot for you and where you will be going.
- Pick-ups will be at the loading dock of the Catholic Charities building at 2300 Dulaney Valley Road in Timonium. You may know this as the former Villa Maria building.
- Directions: from Dulaney Valley Road, turn West into the campus at the entrance just North of the Dulaney Valley Road and Timonium Road intersection. You will pass the school on your right and drive up the hill towards Stella Maris. Before you reach Stella Maris, there will be a sign for "Catholic Charities deliveries" directing you to the loading dock. Please note that entering the address into a GPS might not get you the exact location, as it's shared by two different buildings, so please follow the directions. You can see the exact location using this Google map link and generate directions.
- Please arrive promptly in order to avoid congestion at the kitchen. Please stay in your car while items are loaded.
- You will be given the phone number for your family/families upon pickup. Before departing, please call them and let them know you are on your way and confirm that someone will be there for pickup. If you cannot reach a family, let Bev know.
- Delivery should be contact-less; leave items at the entrance for the family to pick up. Items can be left if the recipient does not respond immediately.
- We encourage you to deliver in pairs if possible - with a member of your household - so that one person can drive and the other navigate and minimize any parking issues.
This activity generally occurs on
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon