Non Food Donations - Housewarming baskets
Description: Assemble and provide a housewarming basket for residents experiencing homelessness who are transitioning to permanent housing.
Details: Many of our former residents are granted temporary/permanent housing but still need much help in the way of supplies to get them started in their new home! It is our goal that you would be willing to help us to assemble these gifts to help those in need, get the start they deserve.
A complete basket includes the following items, assembled in a laundry basket or a large trash can:
- 1 set of twin blankets, sheets, pillow and pillowcase
- 1 bath towel and 1 washcloth
- 2 plates, 2 forks, 2 knives, 2 spoons and 2 cups
- 1 pot and 1 pan
- 1 shower curtain and 1 set of rings
- 2 dish towels, 2 oven mitts
- 1 pack of hangers
- 10-20 cans or boxes of non-perishable food
Optional additions to your basket include:
- Air mattress, or a bed
- Cleaning products (1 each of Lysol disinfectant spray, 1 broom and dustpan, pack of sponges, dish detergent, all-purpose cleaner, mop, etc.)
- 1 floor mat for the shower
- 2 packs of simple t-shirts
- 1 container of laundry detergent
- 1 toiletry kit (see below)
- 1 microwave
- 1 blanket
- 1 coffeemaker, 1 pack filters, 2 packages coffee
- 1 can opener
Time frame: Flexible; please contact the Volunteer Manager at email@example.com or 667-600-3236 to schedule a drop off.