In Kind Donation Drives - Bottled Water Cases
Thank you for your interest in the bottled water donation drive for the clients that reside at Sarah's House!
Now that we are in the warmer months of the year, bottle water is in high demand among the shelter clients which includes children that take bottled water with them to camp 2 to 3 days per week until school resumes. Also, our property has experienced issues with discoloration of the water that runs from the faucets due to the construction happening along route 175. Therefore, we are looking for motivated volunteers to start bottle water donation drives within their communities.
Our goal is to fill our various pantries and emergency shelter in place closets on site with as many cases of bottled water that will comfortable and safety fit into these areas.
Locations to be stocked with bottled water:
- Bldg 2016 – Two non-perishable pantries (back stairwell 1st floor and 2nd floor pantry)
- Bldg 2015 – Emergency shelter in place closet (located inside the 2nd floor laundry room)
- Bldg 2013 – Emergency shelter in place closet (located on the 1st floor across from office door)
- Bldg 2014 – Snack & Beverage pantry (located on the 1st floor to the left of the handicap ramp)
Amazon Smile: Shop and Help Our Program Automatically
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support our program every time you shop, at no cost to you. When shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to us.
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to Associated Catholic Charities when you use smile.amazon.com and designate Associated Catholic Charities. And, you can save time by shipping the order directly to us.
Mandatory Volunteer Hours:
For those volunteers that are seeking to obtain hours for mandated community service and school service learning, you can obtain your necessary volunteer hours if you purchase bottled water in cases of 24 or 40.
For every case of water with 24 bottles/16.9oz you purchase, you will receive a credit of 1 hour and for every case of eater with 40 bottles/16.9oz you purchase, you will receive a credit of 1.5 hours.
Responsibilities for activity:
1. Ask your friends, family, schoolmates, neighbors, churches, clubs, colleagues or whomever you think will contribute to helping us fill our storage closets with bottled water!
2. Collect your items prior to the day that you’ve signed up for.
- For example, if you sign up on Thurs, 07/11/19 at 1p that means you want to collect your bottled waters prior to 07/11/19 @1p. On 07/11/19 @ 1p when you arrive, you will walk inside to speak to the front desk receptionist located inside 2015 20th Street Fort Meade, MD 20775 (you will see and blue and white Sarah’s House sign in front of the bldg). You will let the receptionist know that you have bottle waters to drop off in one of the following locations mentioned in this activity’s description.
3. If you are a community service volunteer or collecting hours for school related purposes, ask the receptionist to contact Candice Willie, Bruce Clopein or Janis Luna so that we greet you and assess the amount of items you've contributed so that you can receive the appropriate amount of volunteer hours.
4. If you are simply donating these items for assist us with our needs, you will drop the items off in one of the designated areas mentioned in this activity’s description.
Your primary POC for this donation drive:
Your secondary POC for this donation drive:
Your 3rd POC for this donation drive:
Project Serve Intern
You can reach either POC at firstname.lastname@example.org