Ongoing - Behavioral Health - Working with Youth - Tutor at Dundalk Drop-In Center
NOTE: This volunteer role requires an application and background screening. Please contact Volunteer Services about the process if you are interested in signing up: email@example.com.
The Dundalk Drop-In Center (located at 4 N. Dundalk Ave.) is a safe and accepting space for local teens to hang out, study, eat dinner, and get some enrichment in various life skills, drug education, and job readiness. The Center exists for kids ages 12 through 17. Teens are welcome to drop in between 2:00-7:00 PM on weekdays throughout the school year and 1:00-6:00 PM during the summer.
Volunteer tutors would assist teens with homework or certain subject material to promote academic success. Materials can be provided. A shift is available on Wednesday afternoons from 5:00 to 6:00 PM. We ask volunteers to commit to at least 1 hour per week for 3 months or longer. Volunteers should be confident, encouraging, consistent, and adept at seeing “what’s strong instead of what’s wrong.”
Minimum volunteer age for this role is 18 years old. Candidates must complete application, screening, and Pre-Service Training before volunteering (please contact us to find out what that entails).
- Child Protective Services check Must be at least Submitted
- Interview Must be Interview complete
- Pre-Service Training (2 hr. training) Must be at least Mini-Orientation
- Reference check Must be at least 2 clear
- Tuberculosis risk screening Must be at least Health questionnaire submitted
- Verified Volunteers criminal background check Must be Clear
This activity generally occurs on
- Wednesday - Afternoon, Evening