Ongoing - Administrative & Operations Support - [OUTDOOR OPTION w. Social Distance] Gardening & Ecology Support
You love nature and playing outside. You want to serve and also stay safe during the pandemic. We have schedule-flexible, socially-distanced volunteer opportunities for all ages! Your efforts outdoors will help children and adults in our programs to relax in the serenity of nature, taste the wholesome fruits of gardening, enjoy rewarding sensory experiences, and even explore the forest.
Fill in a brief application (or log in if you're a current volunteer) and register for one of the listed shifts. These shifts are a starting place; we can adjust the schedule -- starting as early as 7:30 AM -- to take advantage of the coolness of the day or your before-work availability. Two to three hour shifts are available on weekdays only. Children younger than 16 must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
Your work will focus on one of these needed areas:
- Weeding & Watering in a vegetable bed, sensory garden, or at campus entrances. Occasional pruning needed.
- Nature trail upkeep – clearing brush at the Villa Trail trailhead, trimming overgrowth, raking trail paths or the outdoor classroom. (Optional - Bring your own weed whacker)
- Clearing invasives – removal of invasive species in preparation for replanting with native species
- Garden construction – build new raised beds and fill with soil for Fall planting
Face masks are required while volunteering. Tools and gloves provided. (Or bring your own if you prefer.) Please bring your own face covering and reuasable water bottle. Consider wearing sneakers, a hat, sunscreen, and bug repellent.
Opportunities will take place on one of these Timonium campuses.
- Villa Maria School (2300 Dulaney Valley Road) – weeding & watering, invasives, nature trail
- Maura Pre-Vocational Center (next to 2560 Pot Spring Road) – weeding & watering, nature trail, invasives, building project
- St. Vincent’s Villa (2600 Pot Spring Road) – weeding & watering
- Gallagher Services (2520 Pot Spring Road) – weeding & watering
- COVID-19 Screening form Must be Cleared by Health Services
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, October 30, 2020||9:00 AM||12:00 PM|