Ongoing - Administrative & Operations Support - [OUTDOOR OPTION w. Social Distance] Gardening & Ecology Support
You love nature and playing outside. You want to serve and also stay safe during the pandemic. We have schedule-flexible, socially-distanced volunteer opportunities for all ages! Your efforts outdoors will help children and adults in our programs to relax in the serenity of nature, taste the wholesome fruits of gardening, enjoy rewarding sensory experiences, and even explore the forest.
Fill in a brief application (or log in if you're a current volunteer) and register for one of the listed shifts. These shifts are a starting place; we can adjust the schedule to create two to three hour shifts (weekdays preferred). Children younger than 16 must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
Your work will focus on one of these needed areas:
- Weeding & Watering in a vegetable bed, sensory garden, or at campus entrances. Occasional pruning needed.
- Nature trail upkeep – clearing brush at the Villa Trail trailhead, trimming overgrowth, raking trail paths or the outdoor classroom. (Optional - Bring your own weed whacker)
- Clearing invasives – removal of invasive species in preparation for replanting with native species
A COVID Screening Form and a COVID Assumption of Risk Form will be required upon arrival. Face masks are required while volunteering. Please bring your own face covering and reusable water bottle. Consider wearing sneakers, a hat, sunscreen, and bug repellent. Tools and gloves provided. (Or bring your own if you prefer.)
Opportunities will take place on one of these Timonium campuses.
- Villa Maria School (2300 Dulaney Valley Road) – weeding & watering, invasives, nature trail
- Maura Pre-Vocational Center (next to 2560 Pot Spring Road) – weeding & watering, nature trail, invasives
- St. Vincent’s Villa (2600 Pot Spring Road) – weeding & watering
- Gallagher Services (2520 Pot Spring Road) – weeding & watering
The next 10 shifts (out of 38 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Thursday, May 06, 2021||7:30 AM||9:30 AM|
|Thursday, May 06, 2021||3:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Monday, May 10, 2021||7:30 AM||9:30 AM|
|Monday, May 10, 2021||3:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Wednesday, May 12, 2021||7:30 AM||9:30 AM|
|Wednesday, May 12, 2021||3:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Thursday, May 13, 2021||7:30 AM||9:30 AM|
|Thursday, May 13, 2021||3:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|Monday, May 17, 2021||7:30 AM||9:30 AM|
|Monday, May 17, 2021||3:00 PM||5:00 PM|