Virtual Branch - Virtual Reading Buddies
Oakville Public Library is looking for high school students 14-19 years old to volunteer for our Virtual Reading Buddies Program. Reading Buddies will promote children’s literacy and the magic of reading while serving as positive reading role models.
This opportunity will take place entirely online within the Zoom platform. Sessions will include a group activity led by OPL staff before Buddies are partnered in “break-out” rooms to work with a child. Buddies will help children to select books and read together. They also will encourage and engage young readers through the use of games and other activities.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Great experience to put on a resume
- Accumulate volunteer hours towards high school credit
- Volunteers must be 14 to 19 years of age
- Currently enrolled in high school for September 2021
- Ability to work well with adults & children
- Outgoing, engaged, and organized
- Willing to commit to a 1-hour long program for 4 consecutive weeks (July or August) Thursday afternoon or early evening
Availability between Monday, July 5th, 2021 – August 26th, 2021
- Age Range (youth) Must be 14-19 years old
- Currently Enrolled in High School? Must be Yes