Volunteers Needed - Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Work Site: City Hall
Time Commitment: Two year term; renewable up to three times
The Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator assists in planning, developing and coordinating the City’s Municipal Volunteer Program (MVP) especially as relates to volunteer recruitment and working with City staff to coordinate volunteer assignments.
- Assists in coordinating volunteer programs in support of City services.
- Recruits volunteers to support City programs, events, and/or services.
- Maintains public contacts in the community and public/private sectors in order to recruit and/or implement volunteer programs.
- Assists with planning and implementing volunteer recognition events and activities.
- Assists with coordinating publicity materials related to volunteering with the various City Departments.
- Performing various related duties as required.
Knowledge of: City of Sierra Madre services and programs. Principles, techniques, tools and media used in promoting good public relations. Principles and practices of volunteer management.Ability to: Utilize Microsoft Office Suite effectively. Navigate through web-based applications for the purpose of volunteer management. Communicate in the English language by phone or in person in a one-to-one or group setting. Produce written documents, including email, with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar. Work cooperatively with other City employees and the general public.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department.
- Proficiency with Excel Must be at least Intermediate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word Must be at least Intermediate