Programmatic - Homework Club Coach
At the library:
- Help local school age children (Grades K-8) with their homework in a range of subjects - reading, writing, math, social studies and science
- Coach students individually or in small groups
- Collaborate with Homework Club Coordinator or library staff in creating enrichment activities for those students who complete their homework.
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed.
- Foster student's ability to succeed in school by helping them build confidence and mastering their skills in completing homework.
- Prior experience tutoring is a plus, but not required
- For volunteers (ages 15-17), minimum GPA of 3.0 is recommended. Must have the requisite skills to support elementary school age students. This strength can in one subject area or general knowledge in multiple areas.
- Experience or interest in working with youth
- Strong oral communication skills a must
- Dependable, patient and flexible
- Spanish language skills a plus, but not required
- Fingerprinting and background check clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Need to commit to at least 2 hours a week
Currently, we are looking for a second Homework Coach for Mondays.
- Age Must be at least 15+
- Oral communication and written skills in English Must be at least High
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, internet, and email Must be Yes