Teen Class Instructor or Assistant
Do you have an idea for a program you’d like to bring to your community? Evergreen Branch is always on the lookout for motivated volunteers that have something they’d love to teach or share with their community. If you have an idea for a project, class, or program you would like to turn into a reality, the library wants to hear from you and lend its support.
- Motivated. The library can definitely provide some support for homegrown programs, but we need our instructors or assistants to have the desire and initiative to plan and prepare with coaching, not supervision.
- Responsible and committed. We want to provide quality programming for our community, so we need our instructors and assistants to be consistent (no last minute cancellations!) and dependable.
- Flexible. There are limits to what we can do and how we can do them. We need someone that understands this but is also willing to work with us and find another way when these limits come into play.
- Proactive and detail oriented. We are looking for volunteers with a plan! To put on classes we need to have evidence that you are knowledgeable on your topic, can plan ahead, and aren’t the kind to ‘wing it’.
- Communicative and social. We need to be able to communicate efficiently, effectively, and consistently. In the library you also encounter patrons from many cultures, age groups, and walks of life. You need to be able to talk to just about anyone!
- Program proposal/plan. After you apply you will be asked for a program proposal. Templates for program proposal available upon request. If your proposal is accepted, we will then ask for a day-by-day plan for the class/program.
- Age 15+. Teens Reach participation recommended.
- For in-person programs: Adult (18+) monitor required for teen lead classes. Teens can still lead/teach the course, but we need to have an adult present in the room. Please have someone 18+ in mind that you can ask.
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over (adult monitor must be fingerprinted)
- For virtual programs: A librarian will help monitor and attend your program in lieu of an adult monitor.
Commitment: Volunteer must be available for the entire duration of their scheduled class/program. Programs are planned at least 2-3 months in advance to give time for program approval and to align with library schedule, plus for any adult monitors to get fingerprinted.