Programmatic - Bilingual Tech Mentor (Spanish)
Position overview: Help customers increase their digital literacy skills by helping them learn a variety of skills that enable them to better use technology and benefit from online resources.
- Provide one-on-one instruction on an assortment of computer applications and operations including using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, setting up an email account, searching the Internet, filling out online applications, using the Library’s eResources, and using the pay-for-print and photocopy machines, etc.
- Help patrons become familiar with smartphones and tablets (both iPhone and Android) if they desire to learn how to use
- Age 18 or older
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to search the Internet and set up an email account
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use smartphones and tablets
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with a range of computer abilities.
- Patience is a MUST.
- Bilingual skills are required – SPANISH/ENGLISH (this program is hosted in Spanish only)
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Minimum 6 month commitment requested.
- Willingness to be available at regularly scheduled times, for at least 2 hours a week
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least High
- Oral and written communication skills in Spanish Must be at least High
- Skilled in basic internet, email, and Microsoft Office Must be Yes
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday Afternoon
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account