Programmatic - freeCodeCamp Coding Volunteer
Develop leadership and teamwork skills by leading coding programs that are designed to teach a marketable job skill(s) to teens or adults through the freecodecamp.org website.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make decisions regarding how to pace the freeCodeCamp curriculum to the skill levels of patrons who sign up for the program.
- Collect data on where new and returning students are in their progress with the curriculum.
- Collaborate with other teens to develop a program or plan a video.
Requirements for the Position:
- Strong oral communication skills
- Dependable, patient, and flexible
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Second language ability a plus, but not required
Volunteers for these programs are expected to commit from the beginning until the end of their program. Please do not allow substitutes without discussing it with the Berryessa Branch Teens Reach Coordinator Shih Fa Kao.
References and Letters of Recommendation Policy
This opportunity is designed for teens who are interested in developing leadership and teamwork skills, but it will require being proactive to accomplish your goals. Accomplishments will vary, requests for letters of recommendation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the Alviso and Berryessa Teens Reach Coordinator: Shih Fa Kao.
As volunteers in this program will not receive a regular schedule, professional reference requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis; however, please note that this opportunity is not designed to give you professional work experience. For that, please apply for our Semester/Summer Teen Library Services Volunteer Opportunity.
- Age Must be at least 13+
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account