Virtual Volunteering - Teen Online Article Writer
Are you looking for a way to earn community service hours online? West Valley Branch Library is looking for skilled writers interested in contributing previously unpublished, original articles to be featured on our Teens Reach Journal website. Each 200-to-500-word piece you write counts as one hour of volunteering. You can write up to 10 articles for a maximum of 10 hours per quarter.
You must sign up as a volunteer with West Valley Branch Library for this specific opportunity.
How You Will Make a Difference
Teen Online Article Writers play a pivotal role in encouraging other teens to write and/or read articles and engage with our teen-volunteer-created website for West Valley Branch, Teens Reach Journal.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Write up to 10 articles per quarter following these guidelines
- Each article must be 200-to-500 words long and be related to a topic on the Teens Reach Journal website (hobbies, recipes, science, current events, tech, or books)
- Please proofread and spellcheck your articles for errors in spelling or grammar
- Submit your article by e-mail to Jessica Chung, Librarian and Teens Reach Coorinator for West Valley Branch Library
- After submitting your article, wait for an e-mail confirming your article meets requirements or telling you if any revisions are needed
- Once you've made any requested revisions and received e-mail confirmation from the librarian that your article is accepted, log an hour!
- Encourage awareness of current events/trends relevant to teens
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share your opinions and explore topics that may interest you
- Develop writing skills and your own "voice" as a writer
You can write up to 10 articles for a maximum of 10 hours per quarter. Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
July-September: 10 articles
October-Dec: 10 articles
January-March: 10 articles
April-June: 10 articles
- Age Must be at least 13+
- Health and Safety Screening Completed Must be Yes
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least High
- Virtual Volunteer Training Completed Must be Yes