Programmatic - Tech Assistance
Are you tech savvy and willing to help those you aren't? San José Public Library is looking for volunteers willing to guide users one-on-one with their basic technology queries by meeting on Zoom.
How You Will Make a Difference
You don't need to be an expert to provide much needed help. Tech Assistance volunteers provide one-one-one guidance for members of our community who struggle with basic technology, such as:
- Setting up an email account
- Web searches
- Learning the basics of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Using Zoom
- Using social networking services like Facebook
- How to download an eBook from the library's website (Training provided by library staff)
Volunteers are needed to:
- Assist people online with basic to advanced tech skills
- Communicate clear instructions to tech inquiries
- Answer tech related questions
- Connect with your community online and provide a desired service
- Play a pivotal role in building the confidence of people with low-tech skills
Willingness to volunteer at least once a month for a 6-month duration. Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be willing to work with a variety of people with different technical abilities
- Be patient, self-directed, and have good customer service skills
- Have strong oral communication skills.
- Be familiar with the library's online services and resources
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Bilingual skills are highly desired, but not required
- Age Must be at least 15+
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least High
- Skilled in basic internet, email, and Microsoft Office Must be Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account