Programmatic - Tech Mentor (Bilingual Speaker)
Are you tech savvy and willing to help others? Edenvale Branch Library is looking for a bilingual speaking (such as Spanish or Vietnamese) volunteers willing to guide users one-on-one with their basic technology queries at the library. Must be able to converse in English and in another language.
How You Will Make a Difference
You don't need to be an expert to provide much needed help. Tech Mentors provide one-one-one guidance for members of our community who struggle with basic technology, such as:
- Setting up an email account, composing & sending emails, using email attachments
- Web searches and web-based productivity software such as Google docs
- Learning the basics of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Using the library's pay-for-print and photocopy machines.
- Using social networking services like Facebook
Volunteers are needed to:
- Assist people with basic to advanced tech skills
- Communicate clear instructions to tech inquiries
- Answer tech related questions
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Play a pivotal role in building the confidence of people with low-tech skills
- Willingness to volunteer at least once a week for a 6-month duration.
- Willingness to be available at regularly scheduled times, for at least 2 hours a week. Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be able to interact effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and with a range of computer abilities
- Be familiar with PCs, personal devices like tablets and smartphones.
- Be patient and have good customer service skills
- Have strong oral communication skills in English and another language such as in Spanish or Vietnamese.
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Age Must be at least 15+
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least Medium
- Oral and written communication skills in Spanish Must be at least Medium
- Skilled in basic internet, email, and Microsoft Office Must be Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account