Programmatic - ESL Conversation Club Facilitator
Are you looking for a rewarding way to help your community friends improve their English? Do you have a passion for guiding and supporting eager learners? The new Mount Pleasant Neighborhood Branch Library is looking for you.
How You Will Make a Difference
Your willingness to help students achieve their learning goals as English learners will continue to move our library forward.
Typical day as a Volunteer
Volunteers are needed to:
- Facilitate a class using provided curriculum and instructional resources
- Communicate with the FLC Coordinator regarding program needs
- Collaborate to offer suggestions in achieving the best learning outcomes for all students
- Encourage lifelong learning to English learners
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share or gain experience with instructional skills for adult learners
- Develop mentoring skills
- Join forces with other community volunteers
Willingness to volunteer at least once a week for a 6 month duration. Class meets Monday from 3 - 5 PM.
- Must be reliable
- Age 18 or over
- Must be comfortable working with groups of English learners in a group setting
- A strong ability to speak, read, and write English
- Able to Read and Understand English Must be at least Yes
- Age Must be at least 18+