Programmatic - Teens Reach
Teens Reach provides a key way for young adults to build their leadership skills by developing and participating in library activities, as well as becoming library advisors and advocates. Be part of a fun volunteering opportunity for teens between the ages of 13-18. Earn community service credit while supporting the library by assisting with library programs, promotion, and representing the library's teen point-of-view.
- Must be between the ages of 13-18 years old
- Have a strong interest in the library and/or serving their community.
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and cultures.
- Be willing to learn new skills.
- Submit paperwork signed by parent/guardian.
- Create and log hours in Better Impact Account. Please use your personal email. DO NOT use your school email address, as some of those might reject emails sent by library staff to you.
- Gain new skills such as: program management, organizing, communication, and leadership skills.
- Receive community service hours
- Learn about other volunteer opportunities associated with the library and City of San Jose
- Signed Letter of Recommendation
- We feed you!
- Assisting with library programs such as: Summer Learning, Homework Club, weekly crafts/board games programs, holiday celebrations, etc.
- Help create and/or host programs for the library community, specifically for children and teens
- Assist with Friends of the Library Book Sales
- Assist with fund-raising
- Age Must be at least 13+