Virtual Volunteering - Virtual Program Leader
Do you have a hobby, craft, and or game you’d like to teach to others? We are looking for volunteers who can commit a few hours a week to share their passion with the community.
While the library remains closed, programs will be hosted on Zoom. Due to virtual program restrictions, we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
How You Will Make a Difference
Virtual Program Leaders play a pivotal role in encouraging San José residents of all ages to try something new. Programs also provide a space for community members to make connections based on shared interests.
- Expand your knowledge of a hobby or skill by teaching it to others
- Develop leadership and instructional skills
- Increase community interest and form a network of co-creators and hobbyists
- Submit a program proposal or work with library staff to develop a program plan
- Plan and lead program sessions
- Provide required equipment or materials for your own use (virtual programs only)
- Proficiency in the hobby, craft, or game
- Experience or interest working with various age groups
- Dependable, patient, and flexible
- Second language ability desired, but not required
- Fingerprint clearance required for volunteers age 18 and over
- Dependent on program type; must commit to consistent schedule for duration of program
- Age Must be at least 13+