Virtual Volunteering - Teen Book Reviewer
Are you looking for a fun way to volunteer from home? San José Public Library is looking for avid book readers interested in writing book reviews. Each book you review counts as one hour of volunteering. You can write up to 10 reviews per quarter for a maximum of 10 hours per quarter.
How You Will Make a Difference
Teen Book Reviewers play a pivotal role in providing valuable information about the book, the plot, characters, writing style and overall rating. This information helps other readers decide whether or not to read the book.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Write a book review using the following guidelines
- Review length must be one paragraph long
- Include a short summary of the book
- Write about what you liked or disliked about the book
- Avoid spoilers
- Send your review to the designated branch librarian. The librarian will ensure it meets the guidelines and get back to you.
- Once you hear from the librarian, post your review on the San Jose Public Library catalog, sjpl.bibliocommons.com
- Give it an Age rating and a Star rating
- Make sure your review is made public so that it can be seen
- Send the librarian a screenshot of your review, and BOOM! You’ve just earned an hour of volunteer service
- Promotes a love of lifelong reading
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share your opinions of author's writings
- Develop writing skills
- You can write up to 10 reviews per quarter for a maximum of 10 hours.
- Schedule is dependent on the availability of the volunteer.
- January-March: May submit up to 10 book reviews
- April-June: May submit up to 10 book reviews
- July-September: May submit up to 10 book reviews
- October-December: May submit up to 10 book reviews
Note: Please only sign up at one library branch for this volunteer opportunity.
- Age Must be at least 13+
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account